Entertainment network for short, looped user videos
With over 100 million installs Vine is the easy way to make viral videos on your phone or tablet.
Please note that Vine was one of the top social networking apps until late 2016 when VineLabs announced that they would no longer be supporting Vine and would be removing direct Twitter export, reducing the time of Vines from 7 seconds to 6, and removed the ability to find old Vines.
Vine is an app that lets you compose and edit 6 second videos that you can publish to social media or send to friends. The app features a video editor that helps you create perfect loops (new Boomerang functionality), stitch and trim multi-clip videos, as well as the ability to save drafts of vines for later.
If you want to be able to reach millions of users on Twitter and make cool little videos on your phone, Vine is definitely a tool to check out. While it may be a shadow of its former self and no longer offer hosting for Vines, the app still has a lot of great features to offer.
- Reach Millions of People in Six Seconds While the service technically no longer exists, you’ll still have the ability to save your Vines to your phone and upload them to Twitter directly.
- A Full Featured Video Editor in Your Pocket Access AF Focus, ghosting tools and more right from inside the app.
- Save Drafts and Use Them Later You can save many different drafts of your vines and come back to stitch them together inside the app later.
- Developer Has Gutted Many Features Many features are missing from the app now, primarily the ability to view Vines from inside the app.
Thanks for using Vine.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- SEND_SMS: Allows an application to send SMS messages.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- READ_SYNC_STATS: Allows applications to read the sync stats.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.